We all use networking devices these days. Since we need an internet connection, we invest in routers, modems, mesh systems. The best of the devices can also cause you trouble at times. So is the case with the Netgear Orbi mesh system. Built with bleeding-edge technology, it is known to provide the best WiFi signals. Despite this, Orbi can be troublesome at times like Orbi router login issues, poor internet signals, firmware update issues, etc. So we have penned down this article to address some common issues that users face with their Netgear Orbi.
Netgear Orbi Common Issues with Solutions
1. Orbi Setup Failed
If you can not set up your Netgear Orbi with the existing internet system, then here are some steps that you should follow:
- Connect the Orbi router to the modem securely and firmly.
- Check all the cables and wires. None of them should be loose or damaged.
- Make sure that the computer is connected to the local network.
- Use an updated and supported web browser to reach the Orbi setup page.
- If you are using the Orbi app to set up an Orbi device, then make sure it is updated to the latest version.
2. Orbi Not Connecting to the Internet
Many users have also reported about Orbi not getting connected to the internet problem. If you want to get rid of the same issue, then here are the quick fixes to try:
- Examine the Ethernet cable if used it to connect the router to the modem.
- Contact your ISP to confirm any issue from his end.
- Check the ports on both devices and see if they are broken.
- Also, ensure that the correct ports are used to connect the router and modem.
- If the Orbi router is connected wirelessly to the modem, then try to reduce the distance between both.
- Reduce signal interference by placing other electrical devices or home appliances away from the Orbi devices.
Please know that the above given tips can also be used if you face Orbi satellite not connecting to the router issue. The only difference is that the two devices here will be router and satellite.
3. Orbi Not Turning On
When your Orbi does not turn on at all, then here is what you should do to fix this problem:
- Inspect the power connection to the Orbi devices. The power cable should not be loose.
- See to it that the power adapter in use is not damaged.
- Use a UPS if there are power outages.
- Try power cycling the Orbi system, by switching it off and then switching it on after a while.
4. Unstable Internet Connection from Orbi
Can’t get good signals from your Netgear Orbi devices? Try the hacks given below:
- Fix all the connections to the Orbi devices.
- Reboot Orbi.
- Update firmware on the Orbi system to the latest version.
- Bring the router closer to the modem.
- If the satellite is having trouble then bring it closer to the router.
- Reduce signal interference.
- Change the WiFi channel to a less congested one.
- Disconnect extra devices connected to the network.
- Place Orbi in an open and less congested area.
- Avoid signal obstruction.
5. Netgear Orbi No Internet
If your Orbi is powered up, but you are getting no internet signals from it, then the tips given ahead will help you out.
- Power cycle the Orbi and the modem as well. You need to remove all the connections and then connect them once again.
- Use an alternative Ethernet cable if the one that you are using is worn out.
- Be certain that you are trying to connect to the correct network name.
- Try connecting to its network on an alternative device.
- The connecting device should be within the network range of the Orbi router or satellites.
- Reset Orbi to the factory settings and again set it up from the very beginning.
General Tips to Avoid Orbi Issues
1. Keep the firmware on the Orbi upgraded with the latest version all the time.
2. Often reboot your Orbi system. This helps in getting rid of technical glitches.
3. There should be a minimum of signal interference.
4. Keep checking all the wires and cables and replace any damaged cables right away.
In the End
So this is all about some common issues that you can struggle with while using your Netgear Orbi whole home mesh WiFi system. You may need the troubleshooting hacks mentioned in this guide at any point in time. So take our advice and bookmark this post so that you can refer to it whenever needed.